Sunday, October 20, 2013

Half Way? Already?!

So this week marks half way through my exchange... What the?? Crazy.
Memorial for Jews (US flag in back)
These past three weeks have been full of traveling, visiting and other great things (:
I didn't have school because we had a 2 1/2 week Fall Break...so,
My wonderful host mother took me to Berlin for a few days where we walked around the city looking at all the old buildings and long history. We saw the Berliner Mauer, which is the stone line
representing where the wall once stood. We also saw Checkpoint Charlie and walked through a couple museums (: we went to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, which was very very interesting. It's absolutely horrible what happened there, along with all the other Concentration Camps. But, now it stands as a Memorial and there is so much history to learn from and about!
Anyway, Berlin was pretty awesome!! I loved it so much (:
My host dad was in Africa for some business, and when he got back all three of us went for a tour around Germany (: ...we drove down through Frankfurt and stayed in the cute town Mainz. The Rhine River runs along Mainz, and it has a very beautiful big Dome haha (:
Then, we drove down through Heidelberg. I LOVE HEIDELBERG.
Neuschwanstein Castle
If you don't know Heidelberg, go there. Visit. It's beautiful. (: We drove down to Füssen, where we visited the Disney World Castle!! (: ...(Neuschwanstein Castle)!
The Alps are amazing, and it was so fun to hike them!
We then headed to Munich, my most favorite of the trip! The people we stayed with were so sweet and took me around the city, teaching me and showing me and it was so so so fun to learn so much! The guy is a Tour Guide and he taught me so much history in those few days haha, and not only about Munich... about Africa, India, even Utah!! :P So awesome (:
View from Disney Castle
Heidelberg
That rounded up our trip and we started back North!
EXCEPT!!
I was so lucky to get dropped off in Lauterbach, where i stayed my last 4 days of break with my first host family! It was so great to see them again!!
 So.. there you have it! Germany in 19 days (: Haha!! I would recommend spending more time than that for a whole country... it was very exhausting! But, totally worth it!!! Germany just gets better and better... The rolling hills that turn into the Alps the more south you go... the endless fields... the architecture...the history...the crazy german sayings...the trains (: oh, i could go on and on! I love it here, can't believe i am already half way!
Also these weeks...
~I found my new favorite drink.. Heiße Weiße Schokolade (White Hot Chocolate)
~I visited three different markets, and realized... Street Markets are my most favorite thing in the world!
~I met TONS of more people, from all over the world! From Sweden, to Africa, to Mexico, to Turkey, to Tokyo, to London!.... so cool. (:
~I visited the Frankfurt LDS Temple in Friedrichsdorf (': sooooo beautiful!
~I tried Weißwurst... (White Sausage)... and, I liked it!!! :P
~I bought a german winter coat/jacket!! (YAY!!!)
~I pet a hen, in a market!!!
~I got my Visa!!
~I fell in love with Southern Germany....<3


munich market

No comments:

Post a Comment