Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Altstadt und mehr (:

This week I had to say goodbye once again :/
My host sister left for Ghana!!
Deutschland Busbahnhof
Anyway.. (: a lot of this week was getting my host sister ready for her travels! This meant lots of deep conversations and lots of preparation.
On Tuesday I went out with my host sister and two of her friends to a cocktail bar! They have this special thing where you roll some dice and whatever it lands on, that's how much you pay for your drink! Too bad I got a 5 :/ my host sister got a 2 though!! Lucky her (:
My host mom and sister took me into Hannover for some shopping on Wednesday. What I never knew was that Hannover has a HUGE, incredible variety of shopping and it's spread out so nicely.. just lovely (: It is so clean by the stores, even the underground stores! I am actually one of the few girls who hate shopping!!.. But I can honestly say it's different when you're shopping in EUROPE!!
Haha.. also on Wednesday was school pictures (: My class let me be in the class picture and it made me feel like i was really a part of them! So sweet! I can't wait until I get a copy of the year book, which my host mom has informed me she will mail it at the end of the school year (: Wednesday night I attended my host sister's korbball practice. Korbball is interesting. It is a mixture of basketball and handball, and at first I didn't like it so much :P I am not so good with my hands in sports (and by that, I mean I have zero Hand-eye coordination). It was actually quite fun though!
On Thursday my english teacher had me teach some vocabulary words to the class... I had no idea how to explain at least half of the words :P I never realized how these things come automatically.. no thought or speculation needed! I felt bad that I wasn't much help, but oh well!
On Friday we threw my host sister a surprise goodbye party!! All her friends came and we had onion cake (Which I thought would be disgusting but i really really loved it!!!) I also watched Deutschland's Fußball team play and win!
Saturday was awesome!! I went with my host sister and a bunch of her friends to Holi! It was so much fun (: you get your colored dust stuff and you throw it at each other, lots of music and dancing and just lots of fun! I met this one guy and when he found out i was from utah, he said "Oh, like Utah Jazz!?" Haha we talked about Deron Williams and Al Jefferson and other players from the US. He is not the first one to ask about the Utah Jazz or other teams and sports, and i think it is so cool that people here know so much about american football and basketball! I never would have expected that!

On sunday we took my host sister to the train station where she boarded for Frankfurt! A bunch of her friends were there and it a very sweet goodbye! Afterwards, my host parents took me around Alt Stadt Hannover (Old City of Hannover). The churches are so big and cool and the streets are just beautiful! I loved it so much and we sat down and I had some great Hot Chocolate and Pasta (: 
On Monday I was able to go into Hannover and buy some European shoes! I feel like i am the american girl who has no style :P at least my feet look good now!!
Yet another successful week has passed and I can't believe how fast it's all going! I'm already 1/4 of the way through my exchange!! Crazy..


oldest church in Hannover

No comments:

Post a Comment