Friday, August 2, 2013

Finally Here (:

Well, here i am (: finally where i am supposed to be! Over the course of the past month or so, I got to travel to Chicago and meet some of the other students that will be in Germany the same time as me. We're from all over the US, and we're scattered all over Germany. It was so cool to meet them and talk to some Alumni YFU students. It got me even more excited for this journey!
Chicago was mostly just classes where we learned of some of the things we'll deal with while abroad (Homesickness, Cultural Shock, School, etc). I think that was the first time this whole thing actually seemed real to me haha because it hadn't hit me until then that I was really going abroad, living in a different country, learning a new language, experiencing new things, and being away from home for six months! It definitely freaked me out a bit, but also got me way pumped!
I was expecting my Permanent Host Family assignment before I left, but they have not been chosen yet.
Therefore, I have no clue where I am going after these next three weeks! I hope it comes soon tho (:(:
I started my journey August first at 7:30, leaving for the airport. I met the other exchange students (about 50 of us) in Chicago where we departed to Frankfurt on a group flight. I just need to add in here that the view i had from the plane was incredible... I saw beautiful lights, tons of shooting stars, and an amazing sunset and sunrise.
We arrived in Frankfurt on the second of August, around 10. Those of us staying in the frankfurt area were lucky enough to not board a third or fourth plane (thank goodness haha). We grabbed our luggage and took a few trains to a beautiful little village outside of Fulda. I met my temporary host sister and father, who are so great!!!, and me and a kid from India headed home with them.
We got to go swimming at the local pool with some of my sister's friends and we had so much fun! We made spaghetti for dinner and played ping-pong for a while (: It's so incredibly beautiful here and I look forward to the journey ahead.
We start language camp in a few days, so hopefully I'll begin to knock down this Language Barrier pretty quickly (: however, my sister and father speak pretty good english so it's been good for me!
I'm just excited to finally be here (:(:


No comments:

Post a Comment